Protecting the Environment and common people from environmental hazards is one of the utmost priority for any industry due to stringent Environment Compliances. But, despite of several precautionary measures industries face several challenges to control emission and comply to standard norms. There could be many reasons to the existing scenario; but the following technical hurdles which prevent large industries to have an upper hand in mitigating the problem.
- Delayed identification Leading to lack of Precautionary Measures
- The industry has installed Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems(CEMS), Effluent Quality Monitoring System (EQMS) and Ambient Air Quality Monitoring System(AAQMS) in order to comply to the regulation standards. Apart from these devices, communities surrounding the plant have also some monitoring station to monitor the air quality. But, the generated data from these monitors is not available in real-time across the departments so the industries people don’t get real-time information when the pollution level-rises due to any reason.
- Root Cause Analysis and Prevention
- The plant has several PLCs, SCADA systems for real-time monitoring of process information but this information is not available for root cause analysis of higher emission levels along with environmental data in a single platform. Real-time study on the process parameters, effect of raw material quality on emission levels is not possible due lack of integrated system and data sharing mechanism across multiple departments and sometimes multiple plants situated at different locations.
- Time Consuming and Cumbersome Analysis Process
- At times when the plant management takes the charge to analyze and validate the data, it takes a lot of time involving multiple process departments and the data from the CEMS, EQMS and AAQMS analyzers. Not only the data collection, but also the analysis process is time consuming and involves a lot of highly capable technical Human resources.
The problem can be addressed with a real-time Industrial IoT Solution. The implementation needs to address several challenges for real-time data acquisition. The proposed solution can provide a perfect platform for real-time alerts and help industry to understand the root cause of the violation within few minutes of the problem. This can ultimately prevent the industry to cause any harm to the surrounding environment.
We are proposing a highly secure, stable and scalable architecture with our solution offering for the problem which includes the following components.
- Real-time Data Acquisition
- Varieties of data can be collected using IoT Gateways and web APIs through various hardware protocols (RS-232, RS485, Modbus RTU/TCP, Profibus or any proprietary protocol).
- The IoT Gateway transfer the encrypted data to the IoT cloud hub where the data is pre-processed and forwarded to database Server and Rule Engine through an Event Stream.
- Secure Data Storage and Controlled Access
- Security is the utmost concern for the industries, so we take of it from the point its being generated in the field, transfer to the servers and stored securely in the database.
- The data can only be accessed with valid access system which makes it secure for unauthorized people to access the data. All the communication from servers to the applications are also encrypted.
- Visualize and control all your distributed operations from a single platform
- The application provides a simplified view of the data with various insights with personified views depending upon roles and hierarchy.
- We have facilities which provides customized alerts and provide options to generate scheduled reports as required.
- The dashboard also provides option to control the machines from any remote location.
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics
- The platform comes with various features such as forecasting, predictive maintenance of machines as well as various environmental analysis such as wind rose, pollution rose, spatial analysis etc.
- Added Benefits for various other applications
- The platform also provides various APIs which can be integrated to other software and mobile applications in case of any need.
We offer end-to-end solutions starting from connectivity hardware gateways to cloud based application platform to help industries fulfill their compliances with ease. We are committed to fulfill the demand of various industries and their sustainable growth providing them necessary tools of Industrial Internet of things.